- Booking Information
- Privacy Notice
- Environmental Policy and Visitors' Code
- About our Location at High Barn
- Holidays in East Yorkshire
- Why so few National Trust Houses?
- Attractions and Activities
- Eat Like A King - Our Top 10 Special Treats
- Our Top 10 Value Eating Places
- Live Like A Local
- Our Top 10 Country pubs
- Reasons to Stay at High Barn
- Bike Hire. Cycle routes. Dalby Forest
- Travel Directions
- Surrounded by Nature
- Rainy days?
- Yorkshire Coast Nature-wildlife tours & events
- Access Statement and wheelchair taxis
- Website Policy
In this section, you will find useful information to assist you in planning your self-catering cottage holiday in Yorkshire.
We have a superb location near Bridlington on the East Yorkshire coast, within easy reach of Pickering, Scarborough, Whitby and York.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Field House Farm Holiday Cottages
Take a look at our luxury self-catering holiday cottages at Field House Farm, near Bridlington on the East Yorkshire coast. We offer a choice of six cottages, sleeping from two to six.
The York Hop Store and Malt House
Please visit our 5-Star luxury self-catering holiday apartments with private parking in York city centre, just a short stroll from York Minster.
High Barn Holiday Cottages Information
Attractions and Activities
The range of attractions and activities available in Yorkshire is enormous. These below are mainly all within a drive of 30 to 60 minutes from our holiday cottages, with some further afield.
- Eden Camp: a recreated prisoner-of-war camp that is really interesting for all age groups.
- Flamingoland, Pickering: a leisure park with good rides and a large zoo. A good family day out.
- Hull's Museum Quarter: 7 free museums and galleries in the city centre.
- Lightwater Valley: a bit farther afield, just about one and a half hour's drive. Excellent amusement park.
- MacArthur Glen Shopping Mall, York: good discount shopping under one roof.
- North Yorkshire Moors Steam Railway: Pickering to Grosmont, scenic and a fun day out.
- North Yorkshire Moors: extensive and super for walks and picnics.
- Robin Hood's Bay: once a smuggling village. Steep, quaint streets, atmospheric, and beach fossil hunting.
- Shopping at St Stephen's and Princes Quay, Hull: city centre shops.
- The Deep, Hull: very impressive building and large acquarium.
- The Yorkshire Wolds: unspoilt, superb walking and cycling area. Quiet and beautiful.
- Go Ape, Dalby Forest: for the adventurous. Good challenging cycle routes here also.
Maps are provided for walking or cycling in the area. The roads and byways are quiet and very suitable for this type of holiday. We have a wealth of experience in walking around here and can point you in the right direction.