- Booking Information
- Privacy Notice
- Environmental Policy and Visitors' Code
- About our Location at High Barn
- Holidays in East Yorkshire
- Why so few National Trust Houses?
- Attractions and Activities
- Eat Like A King - Our Top 10 Special Treats
- Our Top 10 Value Eating Places
- Live Like A Local
- Our Top 10 Country pubs
- Reasons to Stay at High Barn
- Bike Hire. Cycle routes. Dalby Forest
- Travel Directions
- Surrounded by Nature
- Rainy days?
- Yorkshire Coast Nature-wildlife tours & events
- Access Statement and wheelchair taxis
- Website Policy
In this section, you will find useful information to assist you in planning your self-catering cottage holiday in Yorkshire.
We have a superb location near Bridlington on the East Yorkshire coast, within easy reach of Pickering, Scarborough, Whitby and York.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Field House Farm Holiday Cottages
Take a look at our luxury self-catering holiday cottages at Field House Farm, near Bridlington on the East Yorkshire coast. We offer a choice of six cottages, sleeping from two to six.
The York Hop Store and Malt House
Please visit our 5-Star luxury self-catering holiday apartments with private parking in York city centre, just a short stroll from York Minster.
High Barn Holiday Cottages Information
Eat Like A King - Our Top 10 Special Treats
We have some great gastro pubs and eating places in Yorkshire. Some take a bit of a drive, so they may suit you better for lunch.
- The Pipe and Glass, South Dalton.
- The Star at Harome, near Helmsley.
- The Black Swan Helmsley - lovely for afternoon tea.
- The Blue Bell at Weaverthorpe.
- The Downcliffe, Filey. Fabulous views over Filey Bay
- The Suppatra Thai, Bridlington - really excellent!
- Saffron Indian, Bridlington.
- Tickton Grange, near Beverley.
- The Coachman at Snainton
Pipe and Glass . Yes fully wheelchair friendly. 01430 810246
The Star Harome . Yes, but some parts of the building not accessible and specific entance doorway required. 01439 770397
The Black Swan Helmsley. Yes, in tea room and lounge, but ladies w.c. up some step. Gents w.c. accessible 01439 770466
The Blue Bell Weaverthorpe. Wheelchair users have dined here , but - step into building and step into Ladies and Gents. 01944 738204
The Downcliffe, Filey . Steps to entrance.
The Suppatra Bridlington. For wheelchair users too small. 01262 678565
Tickton Grange, Beverley. Yes. Little step in to main reception, but staff will provide a ramp for wheelchairs. Everthing else wheelchair friendly. 01964 543666
The Coachman Snainton. Yes, but no further details given. 01723 859231
Further afield, the Black Swan at Oldstead.
We've still to try The Box Tree at Ilkley, The Yorke Arms at Ramsgill, The Old Vicarage at Sheffield and The Burlington at The Devonshire Arms, Bolton Abbey. Michelin Starred and very special from all reports, but a considerable distance to travel.