- Booking Information
- Privacy Notice
- Environmental Policy and Visitors' Code
- About our Location at High Barn
- Holidays in East Yorkshire
- Why so few National Trust Houses?
- Attractions and Activities
- Eat Like A King - Our Top 10 Special Treats
- Our Top 10 Value Eating Places
- Live Like A Local
- Our Top 10 Country pubs
- Reasons to Stay at High Barn
- Bike Hire. Cycle routes. Dalby Forest
- Travel Directions
- Surrounded by Nature
- Rainy days?
- Yorkshire Coast Nature-wildlife tours & events
- Access Statement and wheelchair taxis
- Website Policy
In this section, you will find useful information to assist you in planning your self-catering cottage holiday in Yorkshire.
We have a superb location near Bridlington on the East Yorkshire coast, within easy reach of Pickering, Scarborough, Whitby and York.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Field House Farm Holiday Cottages
Take a look at our luxury self-catering holiday cottages at Field House Farm, near Bridlington on the East Yorkshire coast. We offer a choice of six cottages, sleeping from two to six.
The York Hop Store and Malt House
Please visit our 5-Star luxury self-catering holiday apartments with private parking in York city centre, just a short stroll from York Minster.
High Barn Holiday Cottages Information
Live Like A Local
We have found that many of our guests like to support well- loved local businesses. Here's a selection of some of our favourites.
- Higginson's Bakery, High Street, Old Town. Great bakers, super quality ham. Rolls made up while you wait.
- Crozier's Butchers, High Street, Old Town. Helpful butchers with top quality meat.
- St Quentin's Creamery, Harpham for local milk. Their milk can be purchased from Bempton Post Office.
- The Side Oven Bakery, Foston-on -the-Wold. Mornings only. Bread, pastries, croissants, apple juice.
- Wold Top Brewery near Hunmanby. Purchase direct from the on-farm brewery.
- Fish and chips - there are excellent establishments all over Bridlington. We like the one at Sewerby, which is the nearest. Also very popular is 149 Marton Road, who were winners of the Best Fish and Chips in Britain 2011.
- Gallery 49 , Market Place, Bridlington Old Town. Lovely gifts, interesting art and jewelry.
- Reighton Nurseries. Hardy plants. Well priced. Poorly laid out, but fun to hunt out a bargain.
- Marshall's Shoe Shop, High Street, Old Town. Old fashioned service. Quality shoes.
- Sterchi's in Filey or Bonnets in Huntriss Row Scarborough for hand-made chocolates.
- Taste of the Sea, Bridlington Harbour for fresh fish.
- Thompson's, St John's Road, Bridlington. Ironmongers as they were in the 1950s!
- Eastfield Nurseries for two good cafes and Yorkshire produce.